International Conference Attendee Requirements
As a general planning guideline for attendees from outside the United States requiring entry visas, due to the scientific nature of the IEST meeting, the US State Department recommends that any required visa applications should be made no later than 90 days in advance of the travel. Your registration information and correspondence may be forwarded to US authorities. Whenever possible, IEST conferences are registered with the US State Department. Below is the general International Attendees policy. Please be sure to view the International Attendees Requirements page specific to the meeting you plan to attend.
Visa application information can be found at the U.S. State Department web site.
- All International Attendees must be pre-registered prior to IEST granting invitation letter requests.
- Invitation letters will be mailed via US Postal Service. If registrant prefers to have the letter sent via UPS, FedEx, or US Express Mail, the registrant is responsible for paying shipping charges prior to the letter being sent or should provide a shipping account number to which billing charges can be charged.
- IEST will not process invitation letters after August 14, 2016.
- IEST will send ONE invitation letter by US Postal Service per registrant. No electronic copies will be supplied.
- IEST is not responsible for missing, lost, or undelivered invitation letters.
- If additional copies of the invitation letter are requested, a $25 processing fee per letter will be charged plus shipping charges (if applicable). The processing fee must be prepaid prior to the invitation letter being sent. No additional copies will be sent after September 14, 2016.
- For individuals pre-registered by August 14, 2016, who fail to obtain a Visa, IEST will refund the registration amount less $50 processing fee.
- NO REFUNDS will be granted for individuals pre-registering after the specified date for the conference who fail to obtain a Visa.
Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) is the closest
airport to the meeting site, with Dulles International and Reagan National airports being
Click here for more information about transportation between these airports and the DoubleTree Hotel.
If traveling through other airports or train stations, you can find Shuttle up-to-date pricing and reservations, here: TheAirportShuttle.com
Map and Driving Directions
If driving to the Annapolis DoubleTree,
click here for map and driving directions.